Catholic Missionís vision is drawn from words of Christ in the gospel of St John is:
I have come that they may have life and have it to the full (John 10:10b)
Life is about change, transformation and growth. It is about birth, new beginnings and hope. Life is what happens when Godís love stirs and disturbs. Awakening this life is what Catholic Mission is called to do.
Catholic Mission goes where there is need, meets who is in need and does whatever it can to encourage people to respond to Godís love.
Catholic Mission is an organisation within the Catholic Church and, as such, it is at the service of the Church. As part of the Catholic Church this organisation participates in God's Mission and is at the service of God's Mission.
Catholic Mission comprises the Pontifical Mission Societies:
- The Propagation of the Faith
- Childrenís Mission
- St Peter Apostle
- The Pontifical Missionary Union.
These Societies are the official support organisation for the overseas mission of the Catholic Church. As well, within Australia, Catholic Mission provides financial support for the Home Mission Fund.
Catholic Missionís work is to:
- Educate about mission and justice
- Engage Australians in global mission
- Spread the Gospel both within Australia and throughout the world
- Educate Priests, Religious and lay people for service in their own countries
- Encourage children and adults to care for children throughout the world
- Provide Australians with a mechanism to provide material support for the work of Catholic Mission
Catholic Mission, led by the power of the Spirit, proclaims the Good News for all peoples.